These Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are sure to please vegans and meat lovers alike! Spicy, crispy, saucy, and healthy all in one.
These Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are a real treat for vegetarians and meat lovers alike. You won’t believe how tasty they are! It took me so long to give these a try because I thought, there’s just no way cauliflower “wings” can come close to the real thing. Boy was I WRONG!
When I let hubby try one, he took a bite and his eyes lit up y’all! He LOVES buffalo wings but of course, they aren’t something you can eat on the regular. Well, these Buffalo Cauliflower Wings may have just changed that for him!
How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- This recipe requires a few simple steps with no special skill required! I use an air fryer for this recipe for these can certainly be cooked up in a traditional oven as well! Just make sure you crank the heat up to about 425 degrees F.
- Take a large head of cauliflower and cut it into bite-size florets. You can also buy bags of pre-cut florets in your grocer’s produce section to save time! You want your florets to be about the same size to ensure they cook evenly.
- Crack three eggs into a medium-sized bowl and beat with a whisk or fork. To make this recipe vegan, add milk of choice to a bowl instead of egg. This step ensures your flour mixture sticks to the “wings”.
- Combine your flour, breadcrumbs (if using), and spices in a large bowl. Give the mixture a quick whisk to ensure everything is incorporated.
- Dip florets, one at a time, into egg mixture then into flour mixture. I use one hand to dip in egg and transfer to flour mixture and the other hand to coat with flour mixture. This helps keep things as neat as possible, although the process is inevitably a bit messy still.
- Transfer coated florets to an air fryer tray or lined baking sheet in a single layer. Give the florets a light coating of cooking oil spray then transfer them to your air fryer or a preheated oven to cook.
- Be sure and flip florets at just over halfway through the cooking time so that you get a nice crust on all sides.
- While your “wings” are cooking, prepare your buffalo sauce by combining hot sauce, melted butter, honey (omit for vegan and keto versions), and spices in a small bowl.
- Coat the cooked wings in buffalo sauce and transfer to a serving dish to enjoy! Serve wings with either ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Trust me, you’re going to LOVE these Buffalo Cauliflower Wings!
Recommended Tools for Making Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
You Will Also Love These Recipes!
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Combine flour, breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Dip cauliflower florets in egg then coat in flour mixture being sure to designate one “dry hand” and one “wet hand”.
- Arrange florets on air fryer tray in a single layer and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
- Cook in air fryer for 12-14 minutes until golden and crispy, flipping cauliflower a little over halfway through cooking time at about 8 minutes. You may need to cook in batches.
- While cauliflower wings are cooking, melt butter in microwave. Whisk together melted butter, hot sauce, honey, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Dip cooked wings in buffalo sauce, coating all sides then transfer to serving dish. Serve wings with ranch or blue cheese dressing!