I try to mix it up for dinner and try new things as often as I can. It can be quite the challenge with busy schedules and diet restrictions thrown into the mix. It was a weeknight after getting home from work when I came up with these Buffalo Salmon Sliders as I needed something I could prepare quickly and I was not in the mood for our typical weeknight go-to of microwaveable vegan patty burgers (we both work full time - don’t judge me haha!). Salmon is always a perfect and quick option for us since it is one of the protein options I chose to keep in my diet and my husband loves it too! It’s also super quick to prepare and not to mention delicious!
Making Buffalo Salmon Sliders
For this recipe I simply cut the salmon filet into pieces that fit onto the slider buns rather than making actual salmon patties - which you can find here, and is super delicious by the way. I then seasoned my filet pieces with a little salt and pepper and popped them in the oven for a quick bake until about medium to medium well.
I then brushed them with buffalo sauce, topped them off with some freshly crumbled blue cheese and green leaf leaf lettuce and gave them a little drizzle of sriracha for an extra kick - that’s it! You can certainly add additional toppings according to preference. Hey, get as crazy as you want!
These were a definite hit, and I’m so glad as I now have a new weeknight go-to when pressed for time. This a seriously easy recipe y'all and so delicious! Serve them alongside baked sweet potato fries for a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
You Will Also Love This Maple Chipotle Salmon recipe!
Buffalo Salmon Sliders
- 1 pound fresh salmon
- ½ cup buffalo sauce store bought or homemade
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 6 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 6 slider buns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the salmon into pieces that fit the size of your buns, season with salt and pepper, then generously brush with the buffalo sauce.
- Place salmon pieces on lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Toast you buns and place a salmon piece on bottom each. Top salmon with a piece of lettuce and blue crumbles.
- Drizzle with sriracha then place other bun on top. Enjoy!