I try to mix it up for dinner and try new things as often as I can. It can be quite the challenge with busy schedules and diet restrictions thrown into the mix. It was a weeknight after getting home from work when I came up with these Buffalo Salmon Sliders as I needed something I could prepare quickly and I was not in the mood for our typical weeknight go-to of microwaveable vegan patty burgers (we both work full time - don’t judge me haha!).
Salmon is always a perfect and quick option for us since it is one of the protein options I chose to keep in my diet and my husband loves it too! It’s also super quick to prepare and not to mention delicious!
How To Make These Sliders
For this recipe I simply cut the salmon filet into pieces that fit onto the slider buns rather than making actual salmon patties - which you can find here, and is super delicious by the way. I then seasoned my filet pieces with a little salt and pepper and popped them in the oven for a quick bake until about medium to medium-well.
I then brushed them with buffalo sauce, topped them off with some freshly crumbled blue cheese and green leaf leaf lettuce, and gave them a little drizzle of sriracha for an extra kick - that’s it! You can certainly add additional toppings according to preference. Hey, get as crazy as you want!
These were a definite hit, and I’m so glad as I now have a new weeknight go-to when pressed for time. This a seriously easy recipe y'all and so delicious! Serve them alongside baked sweet potato fries for a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
You Will Also Love This Maple Chipotle Salmon recipe!
Buffalo Salmon Sliders
- 1 pound fresh salmon
- ½ cup buffalo sauce store bought or homemade
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 6 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 6 slider buns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the salmon into pieces that fit the size of your buns, season with salt and pepper, then generously brush with the buffalo sauce.
- Place salmon pieces on lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Toast you buns and place a salmon piece on bottom each. Top salmon with a piece of lettuce and blue crumbles.
- Drizzle with sriracha then place other bun on top. Enjoy!