Rice is the perfect side dish for any meal and I love that there are so many different kinds of rice out there to choose from. You can't get much better than this Cilantro Lime Rice recipe. I love Mexican food...from tacos to enchiladas to tamales to fajitas...you name it! I love the side dishes served with Mexican food as well. Give me a plate of tacos, rice and refried beans and I'm one happy girl! Well...throw in a margarita with that and you've got yourself one extremely happy girl!
This cilantro lime rice recipe is wonderful because you really get that burst of fresh lime flavor and the fresh cilantro brightens it even more. You can use traditional long grained white rice, which is what I use for this recipe, or brown rice for a healthier option. Just remember to increase your cooking time if using brown rice. I also like to incorporate a good amount of fresh lime zest in this recipe as I prefer to really have that lime flavor come through when having cilantro lime rice. Of course, you can always use more or less of an ingredient depending on your preference. Finish this rice off with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a couple of lime wedges on top and you've got a winning side dish for your Mexican meal!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- •1 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- •1 clove garlic minced
- •2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- •½ teaspoon salt
- •½ cup rinsed and chopped cilantro
- •1 lime zested and juiced
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat
- Sauté 1 cup of rice in the saucepan until lightly browned, add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute
- Add 2 cups of stock and ½ teaspoon salt to the rice
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a light simmer
- Let simmer until the liquid is absorbed
- Turn off heat and cover, letting rice sit in its own steam for a few minutes
- Add chopped cilantro, lime juice and lime zest to rice and stir to combine
- Add additional salt and fresh ground pepper to taste if desired
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges. Enjoy!