This creamy, sweet, and decadent cheese ball is loaded with cookies and cream flavor and makes the perfect game day treat!
The big game is coming up this weekend and although I'm not a football fan, I'm showing up for two things - the halftime show and the food! Of course, the Super Bowl will be drastically different this year - from the halt-time performances to the parties - but that doesn't mean we can't still have fun! This Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball is the perfect game day snack and is a breeze to whip up!
How to Make This Recipe
In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter with an electric hand mixer for 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat for another 2-3 minutes, until smooth. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into a Ziploc bag and set aside.
Add crushed chocolate sandwich cookies and milk to the bowl with the cream cheese and mix until fully combined. Line a large bowl with plastic wrap and transfer the cream cheese mixture to the lined bowl. Refrigerate for one hour.
After one hour, remove the cream cheese mixture from the refrigerator and transfer it to a large serving plate. Shape the cheese ball into a football shape with hands. Gently press chocolate chips into the top and sides of the cream cheese ball. Use a damp paper towel to wipe the plate around the cheese ball.
Snip the corner of the bag with the reserved cream cheese mixture and use it to pipe "laces" onto your football-shaped cheese ball. Your guests will absolutely love this fun game-day treat!
What to Serve With This Sweet Cheese Ball
I love to serve some sort of pretzels, cookies, or fruit with this cheese ball for dipping. Mini twisted pretzels, pretzel sticks, vanilla wafers, graham cracker sticks, and apple slices are great options to serve with this cheese ball. Simply arrange them on the plate surrounding your cheese ball to complete this festive treat!
Storing Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball
Leftovers may be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in the fridge for up to three days. You may also transfer leftover Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball to an airtight container and store it in the fridge - although I doubt there will be any leftovers!
Recommended Tools for this Recipe
You Will Also Love These Buffalo Cauliflower Wings!
Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 double-stuffed sandwich cookies crushed*
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- pretzels, vanilla wafers or apple slices for dipping
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with an electric hand mixer for 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes until smooth. Spoon two tablespoons of this mixture into a Ziploc bag and set aside.
- Add crushed sandwich cookies and milk to the bowl with the cream cheese and mix until fully combined. Line a large bowl with plastic wrap and transfer the cream cheese mixture to the lined bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- After one hour, remove cream cheese mixture from the refrigerator and transfer to a large serving platter. Shape the cheese ball into a football with hands. Gently press mini chocolate chips into the top and sides of the cheese ball.
- Snip the corner off the bag containing the reserved cream cheese mixture and pipe "laces" onto your football shaped cheese ball. Serve with pretzels, vanilla wafers and/or apples for dipping and enjoy!