Brunch is here to stay y’all and I’m not mad about it! Hubby and I absolutely love eggs and are always looking for new dishes to incorporate them in.
I find myself growing bored of making the same breakfast dishes and am always looking for ways to change things up. Sweet potatoes are incredibly delicious and packed with nutrients. They make the perfect addition to any meal, especially brunch. Well, for this dish they’re more like the star and boy do these babies shine!
This dish is extremely easy to make and presents like a dish you spent tons of time on. With a few tips, you can quickly whip this dish up serve up some serious BRUNCH GOALS.
- Choose sweet potatoes that aren’t too thick so that they will be easier to cut up
- Feel free to use butter instead of the olive oil if you prefer the butter flavor
- If using the Beyond Meat sausage, it does not need to cook as long as real sausage. You want to see the sausage just begin to get brown and a bit crispy.
- I like the flavor of the BBQ seasoning in this dish because it has the perfect balance of sweet and savory spices blended together. Feel free to use other spices such as paprika, crushed red pepper, and/or brown sugar instead.
- If you are worried about egg shells getting into your hash, crack each egg into a small bowl first then pour into well.
- If you like your yolks a little runny as I do, keep and eye on your eggs and don’t overcook. They only need a 2-3 minutes to set for this consistency.
Easy Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- 2 tablespoon of extra verger olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 7 oz 2 links of Beyond Meat® plant-based brat original sausage, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Keith’s Farms Sweet BBQ Seasoning or BBQ seasoning of your choice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 4 large eggs
- Add olive oil to large nonstick skillet. Heat over medium-high heat until oil is hot but not smoking.
- Add diced onion and bell pepper. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté just until you smell garlic.
- Add diced sweet potatoes and sausage and stir to incorporate. Season potato mixture with salt, pepper, garlic powder, BBQ seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until potatoes are tender and sausage begins to brown. Add chopped parsley, give potato mixture one last stir, scraping up any brown bits.
- Make four wells in potato mixture. Crack an egg into each well. Cover and cook until eggs are set to your preference. Serve immediately.