I'm all about quick and easy brunch dishes! Sometimes I'm in the mood to cook up something really fancy, depending on the occasion and how much time I have. However, most times I'm looking for something that's both delicious and easy to prepare.
That's why frittatas are one of my tried and true go-to's! I also love the fact that they are low in carbs as they are essentially a quiche without the crust. Of course a frittata is a healthier version of your traditional quiche because they don't include nearly as much fat from lots of heavy cream.
Fritattas are a win for me all the way around! You can also incorporate whatever flavors you're in the mood for with your favorite veggies, proteins and cheeses. It's hard to mess up a frittata too bad so this is definitely a beginner friendly recipe.
For the sausage I use Beyond Meats's plant-based Brat Sausage, but feel free to substitute any sausage you choose.
Frittata with Peppers, Sausage and Feta
- ½ medium onion chopped
- ½ of red and green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 7 oz. Beyond Meat plant-based Brat Sausage 2 links sliced into small circles
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté the onion, bell pepper and sausage in olive oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the half and half, feta cheese, salt, pepper and basil and combine.
- Pour the mixture over the peppers and sausage and place the skillet in the center of the oven.
- Bake the frittata for about 35-40 minutes, until it puffs up and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve warm.