I don't know about y'all but I live for a tasty quick side dish that I can whip up in a matter of minutes. The hubby and I both love broccolini and we love to try it with different spices, seasonings, and toppings. The fresh garlic and lemon flavor give this broccolini the perfect amount of brightness and flavor. I like mine a tad bit crunchy so I roast mine in the oven until I see little brown bits start to form on the tips but feel free to take them out of the oven sooner or later according to your preference.
First give your fresh broccolini a good rinse and trim the ends. Then simply toss them in olive oil, chopped garlic and a little salt and pepper. After that I pop the broccolini in the oven for several minutes until tender and a bit crispy on the ends. As soon as they come out I give them a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and finish the broccolini off with some Parmesan on top. Be sure and serve these up fresh out of the oven for the best flavor.
This broccolini recipe is wonderful served up alongside just about any main dish. I serve it with salmon, lasagna, veggie burgers...basically with any and everything. Grab you a bunch or two of broccolini and try this recipe out the next time you are looking for a yummy quick side dish!
Garlic Roasted Broccolini
- 1 pound broccolini washed and cut into long spears.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 clove fresh garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon fleshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole lemon zested and juiced
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss broccolini with olive oil, garlic, sea salt and lemon zest until evenly coated.
- Spread evenly on a lined baking sheet and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender and just barely brown.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle parmesan on top and serve immediately.