I can't stress enough how much we love salmon in my house. You can literally throw together a delicious salmon dinner in a matter of minutes - typically with ingredients you already have on hand. I made this salmon one weeknight when I actually got home at decent enough time to make dinner and my husband absolutely LOVED it! Lets go over the ingredients for this salmon and see how many you already have on hand. My guess is ALL (or at least most) of them!
- Soy sauce
- Seasonings of choice
Oh, you have all of those in the kitchen already? Perfect! You now have a super delicious dinner coming right up! I like to sear the salmon for a couple minutes per side to get a nice crust then finish cooking in the oven. This is the method I've found to yield the best texture and flavor! Once I squeeze the lemon juice onto the salmon I like to throw the lemon slices in the pan too for some extra lemon flavor. I choose to smash the garlic cloves up and throw them right in the pan instead of chopping the garlic up. This may not actually change anything but I think the flavor is the best this way. You can literally cook up some rice or potatoes and any type of veggie you have on hand and - dinner is served! Kitchen rock star does it again!
Honey Garlic Salmon
- 1 lb. Salmon filet skin removed and cut into about 4 oz. pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- ½ lemon sliced
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. lite soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season salmon pieces on each side with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and red pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Add two tablespoons of butter to cast iron pan over medium heat. Add smashed garlic and salmon pieces and sear on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side just until nice crust forms.
- Pour honey mixture over salmon pieces with spoon. Squeeze lemon juice from slices over salmon and add slices to pan.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake for about 5-7 minutes until salmon is cooked to medium. Add 2-3 additional minutes if you prefer your salmon a bit more well-done. Enjoy!