I must admit I’m a sucker for a fluffy stack of pancakes! There’s nothing better on a Saturday morning than waking up to that sweet aroma of buttery pancakes. Pancakes are pretty much a blank canvas and you can get as creative and imaginative as you wish when it comes to ingredient and topping additions!
This recipe gets a bright citrusy note from fresh lemon juice and a nice sweetness from white chocolate chips. These can be made with scratch or boxed pancake mix. If making a scratch mix, feel free to use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose. I like to top these of with chopped nuts, a few more white chocolate chips, fresh lemon zest and warm syrup of course!
Lemon White Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 whole Lemons zested and juiced
- 2-¼ cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Flour
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs lightly Beaten
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Butter Melted
- Combine milk and lemon juice. Gently stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour in the milk/lemon mixture, stirring gently until almost combined. Stir in the eggs, then the melted butter. Stir in the lemon zest last.
- Heat an electric griddle and coat with cooking spray. Ladle six spoons of batter onto griddle, evenly spaced apart. Sprinkle white chocolate chips evenly on top of each pancake. Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface then flip. Cook other side until golden brown. Transfer pancakes to serving dish.
- Serve with butter, syrup, chopped nuts, and extra white chocolate chips and lemon zest. Enjoy!