What's my favorite thing in the whole world on a Saturday morning? PANCAKES!! Yep, nothing gets my weekend going quite like a stack of fluffy pancakes! The wonderful thing about pancakes is that they are a blank canvas, waiting to be loaded with whatever yummy ingredients your heart desires. Don't get me wrong, traditional buttermilk pancakes reign supreme and you can never go wrong serving up a stack with nothing other than warm pancake syrup. However, it's always fun to add different ingredients like berries, chocolate, nuts, citrus fruits...whatever you want, really!
For this recipe I decided to add one of my absolute most favorite things to eat - peanut butter! I can literally take a spoon right to the peanut butter jar and go at it! As a matter of fact I did just that when making these pancakes...don't judge me y'all! Then I thought, why not throw some fresh strawberries in the mix too?! The combination is reminiscent of a favorite childhood (or adult) snack - peanut butter and jelly.
Have these pancakes on their on or serve with scrambled eggs and bacon for the perfect Saturday morning breakfast everyone is sure to enjoy!
Peanut Butter and Strawberry Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk I use almond
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with back of spoon. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Combine milk and remaining ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. fold in chopped strawberries.
- Spoon about ¼ cup batter onto a hot nonstick griddle or a large nonstick skillet. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges appear cooked.