While I’m not knocking going out to a nice restaurant on Valentine’s Day, sometimes it's worth it to stay in and create a delicious meal in the comfort of your own home. There are several benefits to either choice. For example, when going out for dinner:
- You can get dressed up, do your makeup and pull out your fancy jewelry for an evening
- Someone else gets to do all the cooking and cleanup for a change
- You get to go on an actual date and rekindle feelings from earlier in your relationship
- You can go to a nice bar or movie afterward if you’re not ready to call it a night
All these things are great and sure to make for a lovely Valentine’s Day!
Staying in can be just as romantic for you and your sweetie if you make it.
- Set the dining table with lots of candles and dim the lights
- Prepare a meal as a couple or surprise your honey when he arrives home with a beautiful dinner for two
- You can even dress up in your cocktail attire for some added flair
- And if, at the end of dinner, you don’t feel like washing the dishes – leave them for the next morning and snuggle up with your sweetie
If you find yourself skipping the crowds and staying in for a romantic evening alone this Valentine’s Day – I’ve compiled a list of my Five Favorite Desserts for Two. Either of these delectable treats is sure to be the perfect ending to your Valentine’s dinner at home.
- MOLTEN CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKES FOR TWO by Live Well Bake Often
- Small Batch Skillet Brownie for Two by Crazy for Crust
- Chocolate Souffles for Two With Creme Anglaise by Baking Mischief
- Two Person Raspberry Crumbles by Pinch of Yum
- TIRAMISU FOR TWO by Big Bear’s Wife