Blondies just make my heart smile. Don’t get me wrong, I love brownies as well but blondies have a special place in my heart. Sweet, chewy, buttery, brown sugary little nuggets of deliciousness are how I describe them! You can do so much with blondies just as you can brownies. I like to have fun and throw in whatever delightful ingredients I’m in the mood for at the time. Summertime calls for White Chocolate Strawberry Blondie - wouldn’t you agree?
With summer being right around the corner and tons of warm sunshine and long days upon us, what better addition than fresh strawberries? Strawberries are what I consider the fruit of summer and I like to throw them in everything this time of year!
The white chocolate chips and fresh chopped strawberries are a match made in heaven in these little babies! The batter for these blondies comes together in no time and they turn out so soft and chewy. The perfect summer treat!
Making White Chocolate Strawberry Blondies
The process really couldn’t be easier. Start by preheating your oven and lining your baking pan.
Next combine your dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
Melt your butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add brown sugar. Mix until all of the brown sugar is moistened and remove from heat.
Whisk egg and vanilla into your sugar mixture once it has cooled slightly. Next stir in flour mixture until just combined. Mix in white chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared baking dish and scatter strawberries over top.
Bake in preheated oven until just set in the center. Serve warm!
And that’s it! I know we want to avoid cranking up the oven in warmer months, but trust me these White Chocolate Strawberry Blondies are so worth it!
You’ll Also Love These Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Cookies!
White Chocolate Strawberry Blondies
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter ½ c.
- 1 c packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c white chocolate chips
- 1 c strawberries fresh, hulled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. Spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in brown sugar just until moistened. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing out and spreading evenly. Scatter strawberries over batter.
- Bake until set in center, about 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Lift out of pan by parchment paper handles and cut into 12 bars. Serve.