With a name like Peaches and Cream Dutch Baby - this better be a bomb recipe, right? Well it is y'all! I made this for brunch on a Saturday for the hubby and I and we thoroughly enjoyed every bite!
A Dutch Baby is basically is a baked pancake. They are so easy to make as all you do is whiz all of your ingredients together in a blender then pour into a hot, greased skillet and bake in the oven!
I wanted to give my Dutch Baby a little something extra to take it to the next level. Whenever I'm trying to figure out how to elevate a dish, I ask myself "WWBD?". That means "What Would Beyonce Do?" in case you were wondering ?. I decided that Beyonce would probably add some peaches and a fresh cinnamon whipped cream to her Dutch Baby - and so I did just that!
Making a Peaches and Cream Dutch Baby
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Cut up your peaches and have those ready to go. I used three medium sized peaches to cook with the dutch baby and had an extra to garnish with. Just slice around the pit of the peach and cut into large chunks.
Toss peaches with brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter along with peaches to your skillet and transfer to the preheated oven. Allow the peaches to cook for about 3-4 minutes until butter just starts to brown.
While your peaches are in the oven, add flour, salt, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter to a blender and blend for up to a minute. Make sure all ingredients are thoroughly combined and batter is smooth.
Pour batter right into hot skillet on top of peaches. Cook for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden on top and edges begin to get crusty. Do not open the oven for the first 15 minutes as it may cause your dutch baby to deflate.
While your dutch baby is cooking, whip heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
Remove dutch baby from the oven and allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes. Dollop with cinnamon whipped cream and serve!
You Will Also Love this Almond Flour Pancake Recipe!
Peaches and Cream Dutch Baby
- 4 tablespoons salted butter divided
- 3 medium peaches pitted and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cups milk I used unsweetened almond
- ⅔ cup white whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar and or maple syrup for serving
- fresh sliced peaches for serving
- CINNAMON WHIPPED CREAM
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, toss peaches with brown sugar and cinnamon to coat. Transfer peaches to skillet with butter and cook in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, vanilla, salt, and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Blend on high for 30 seconds to one minute or until the batter is smooth. Make sure no lumps remain in batter.
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven and pour the batter into the skillet right on top peaches. Place the skillet in the center of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the dutch baby is fully puffed and browned on top. DO NOT open the oven during the first 15 minutes of cooking or you might deflate your dutch baby.
- While your dutch baby is in the oven, make the cinnamon whipped cream. In a medium bowl, whip together heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the Dutch Baby from the oven and top with cinnamon whipped cream, peaches, powdered sugar, and maple syrup. Dig in!