We're channeling tropical vibes with this fun salsa recipe y'all! Since we aren't traveling to tropical locations right now, I try to bring a tropical feel to mealtime when I can. This Fresh Pineapple Salsa is a breeze to make and will make you feel like you're on a tropical beach!
You can enjoy this Fresh Pineapple Salsa on its own with tortilla chips or use it as a topping for fish, chicken, shrimp or beef! I've even served this salsa over coconut rice and it was fantastic.
What You'll Need For Fresh Pineapple Salsa
Fresh Pineapple - do not use canned as it is just too watery.
Diced Tomato - I used a mix of grape and regular vine tomatoes as that is what I had on hand. Any tomato diced into small chunks will work.
Diced Onion - I used yellow onion but you can also use purple onion if you prefer.
Diced Jalapeno - this is optional but provides a nice little kick to the salsa. Make sure your jalapeno is seeded and finely diced.
Orange - the fresh citrus juice adds the perfect amount of acidity to the salsa. You can also use lime if you prefer. If you've ever had salsa and felt like it was missing something, it probably needed more citrus juice.
Fresh Cilantro - the cilantro adds a nice brightness to the salsa and brings everything together. If you're not a cilantro fan, I'll think you'll be surprised by how nice it is in this salsa. Not overpowering at all!
Sea Salt and Chipotle Pepper - This salsa is finished off with a sprinkle of fresh sea salt and chipotle pepper. The chipotle pepper is totally optional but I love the extra kick it provides!
Ideas for Serving Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- Pineapple Salsa makes a fun appetizer simply served with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Serve this salsa over fish or shrimp tacos.
- Top baked or pan seared chicken or salmon with Fresh Pineapple Salsa.
- Serve it over coconut rice.
Made This Recipe?
You Will Also Love These No Bake Pineapple Cheesecake Bars!
Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- 3 cups fresh pineapple diced, about 1 medium pineapple
- 1 cup tomato diced
- ½ cup chopped onion yellow or red, about ½ small onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeño* seeded and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice about one medium orange, can also sub lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of chipotle pepper
- In a medium serving bowl, combine the pineapple, tomato, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Add the orange juice, salt and chipotle pepper and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with more salt or citrus juice if needed.