To me, nothing is easier than throwing together a bunch of delicious ingredients together and cooking them up in one dish - better known as a CASSEROLE. Yes, glorious casserole has saved many meals for my family. This Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole with Smoked Salmon is one of our favorites!
Not having to watch over a dish or several dishes to prepare a meal makes life just a little bit easier. Breakfast casseroles would have to be my favorite. Hubby and I love eggs and can have them for any meal of the day. The wonderful thing about a breakfast casserole is that you can have the leftovers for lunch or dinner too! It’s even more delicious the next day. My husband always says casseroles taste better the next day after the ingredients meld together even more...so there ya go! We definitely had this casserole for dinner the following evening and it was awesome!
For this particular recipe, I knew that I wanted to incorporate the hash brown potatoes and of course the eggs. I then thought about weather or not I wanted to add a protein to the dish or just use veggies. Smoked salmon is a favorite ingredient of mine and it had been a while since we had it and so smoked salmon it was! I decided to keep this dish pretty simple and add chopped green onions and forgo any additional veggies.
To add a bit of creaminess and to keep the casserole from drying out too much, I added the half and half to the egg mixture. I typically never prepare any kind of scrambled eggs without adding milk or half and half. I think it just gives them that extra bit of fluffiness that is so delightful.
How Easy is Making Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole with Smoked Salmon?
The process itself could not be easier - mix everything up in a bowl and transfer to prepared baking dish and bake until set and the top is bubbly.
Start by preheating your oven and greasing your baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine Hashbrown potatoes, eggs, half and half, smoked salmon, green onions, cheese and seasonings. Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to incorporate everything.
Transfer everything to your prepared baking dish and top off with additional cheese. Transfer casserole to your preheated oven and cook until center is set and top is golden and bubbly.
That is literally it! So simple yet so delicious and impressive to guests! This recipe is perfect when needing to feed a crowd or cook it up for just two and enjoy over a couple of days (which is exactly what hubby and I did).
You Will Also Love This Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Frittata Recipe!
Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole with Smoked Salmon
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- 4 cups frozen hash browns thawed
- 8 oz smoked salmon broken into bite sized pieces
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz Swiss or Gruyere cheese shredded
- ¼ cup green onion sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and hot sauce.
- Add hash browns, shredded cheese (reserve some for topping), smoked salmon and green onions.
- Mix until combined.
- Scoop mixture into prepared baking dish, smooth out into even layer, top with reserved shredded cheese, and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set. Let casserole cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with additional sliced green onion and serve.
Share Your Thoughts!