These chewy Peanut Butter Cup S'mores Cookies have graham crackers, chocolate chips, and marshmallows packed in the dough and are topped with peanut butter cup pieces, more marshmallows, and graham crackers!
You know, I just couldn’t let a food holiday like National S’mores Day pass by without getting in on the action. I’m not one to keep up with every single food holiday...but National S’mores Day...I’m down for that cause! These Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Cookies came to party y’all.
I knew the day was coming up about a week in advance so I had tons of ideas in my head but couldn’t narrow it down. I decided on cookies because they aren’t difficult to whip up and they’re super easy to bag up and hand out to family and friends. I make TONS of sweet, delicious treats y’all, which is quite the dilemma because I also like to stay in shape...ugh, the struggle!
The answer to that problem - hubby and I eat one serving and the rest gets packed up and handed out family and friends! I can’t keep all that delicious stuff in the house to tempt me, hehe.
How to Make These Cookies
This recipe is absolutely delicious and really easy to make! You’ll use a combination of flour and graham cracker crumbs and incorporate the chocolate pieces, some of the marshmallows and pieces of graham cracker right into the dough!
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat your butter until nice and smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar and beat for another minute or two. The texture should be light and creamy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, fully mixing in after each addition. Add in vanilla and beat on medium until mixed in. Add in dry ingredients and mix on medium until dough forms and no more dry flour is visible.
- Fold in peanut butter pieces, chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham cracker pieces with a rubber spatula, reserving some for the tops of the cookies.
- With a cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet about two inches apart then transfer to preheated oven.
- Once cookies just start to flatten, remove them from the oven and top with remaining marshmallows, graham cracker pieces and peanut butter cup pieces.
- Place cookies back into the oven and cook until edges are set.
- If you have a kitchen torch on hand, hit the tops of the marshmallows with it to get that campfire like char!
Storing These Cookies
You can keep these cookies in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You can also prepare the dough and freeze it for up to a month until ready to bake. Just wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and store it in a zip-top freezer bag.
A Few Tips for Making This Recipe
- Measure your flour correctly. Adding too much flour is a commn mistake in this recipe. Fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- Don’t overmix your dough! This can lead to dry cookies, so only mix until just combined. This means mixing just until all of the flour is moistened and no more dry flour is visible in the dough.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet, they’ll be soft after coming out of the oven and need time to firm up.
Check Out These Other Irresistable Dessert Recipes Before You Go!
Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 1 cup graham cracker pieces roughly broken into small pieces
- 1 cup Reese’s miniature cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes, until creamy
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg.
- Add the salt, baking soda, flour, and graham cracker crumbs. Mix until dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, half of the marshmallows, and half of the graham cracker pieces with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Scoop dough by heaping tablespoons onto a parchment lined or silicon lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 5 minutes until cookies begin to flatten. Remove from oven and top cookies with remaining marshmallows (about 3-5 each), remaining graham cracker pieces, and Reese’s cups (2-3 each, depending on size of cookie).
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes until cookie edges are set.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.