I am always on the hunt for lightened up versions of my favorite desserts. While I don’t crave a lot of sweets and desserts, every now and then I develop a craving for a sweet treat. The last thing I want to do is undo all the hard work I put in on a regular basis with exercise and a mostly clean diet. These flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies saved the day!
The Best Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter: You want it salted & unsweetened, if possible. I have not tested the recipe with either sweetened creamy or crunchy varieties. If you find that your natural peanut butter is extremely runny you can stir and chill it for a little while before using.
Egg: This is what helps keep everything together while also adding fat and moisture. I used one large egg and the cookies turned out perfect. Your egg does not have to be room temperature for this recipe.
Coconut sugar: I chose this as my sweetener because of the low glycemic index of coconut sugar. You may certainly use regular cane sugar if you prefer.
Baking Soda: This helps the cookies rise a bit and keeps them from going completely flat while baking.
Chocolate Chips: I prefer semisweet chocolate chips, but milk or dark chocolate will work perfectly fine.
Make These Flour Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add the first four ingredients (peanut butter, egg, coconut sugar, baking soda) into a mixing bowl and stir until just combined. You can do with a wooden spoon or handheld whisk – no mixer needed!
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop balls of dough into palms and round with hands. Transfer to baking sheet and press down on them gently with fingers or a spoon.
Bake the cookies until slightly golden on top, about 10-12 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool completely before serving. They firm up as they cool so don’t worry if they seem a bit underdone when removed from oven.
Recommended Tools for This Recipe
Large rimmed baking sheet. I recommend this one!
Unbleached parchment paper. The brown, unbleached variation makes for a great photo backdrop too!
Measuring cups and spoons. You want to ensure you use precise measurements when baking.
Wire cooling racks. These speed up your cooling process when baking.
You'll Also Love This Peanut Butter Cup S'mores Cookie Recipe!
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter only peanuts and salt
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchments paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, baking soda and egg. Fold in chocolate chips, reserving a small amount to top cookies with.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough into hands and roll to form smooth balls. Place each ball onto baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Press each ball down slightly with fingers and top each with a few chocolate chips
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until edges just start to brown. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool completely before enjoying!